2007年6月13日

   ANNA
The fame thing isn't really real, you
know. Don't forget -- I'm also just a
girl. Standing in front of a boy.
Asking him to love her.

Pause. She kisses him on the cheek.

ANNA
Bye.

Then turns and leaves. Leaving him.

This is not the end of the story, but the biggest turning point in movie,
Notting Hill.


WILLIAM
It was sort of sweet actually -- I mean,
I know she's an actress and all that, so
she can deliver a line -- but she said
that she might be as famous as can be --
but also... that she was just a girl,
standing in front of a boy, asking him
to love her.

They take in the line. It totally reverses their attitudes.
A pause.

WILLIAM
Oh sod a dog. I've made the wrong
decision, haven't I?


later at the press conference:

WILLIAM
Thanks. I just wondered if Mr. Thacker
realized he'd been a daft prick and got
down on his knees and begged you to
reconsider, whether you would...
reconsider.



ANNA
Yes, I'm pretty sure I would.

QUESTIONER 1
Yes -- Anna -- how long are you
intending to stay here in Britain?

Pause. Anna looks up at William. He nods.

ANNA
Indefinitely.

sadly the turning point did not happen in real life;
and the script ended in where he thought it would end.
changes makes dynamics; dynamics makes drama.
Notting Hill would not be the same if Hugh Grant did not
make the crucial change.

Last line remains:

ANNA
Bye.

9 則留言:

匿名 說...

now i see...

I now recall the scene.

You have obviously put this here for an intention, and I know you clearly what you were expecting. Just that I left it slipped away from my own hand... the second time.

Sun Bin 說...

is this some sort of dialogue with someone? :)

if not, let's finish the story with lines from other movies. scripts for most movies are available in the site below.

http://www.simplyscripts.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?search=notting+hill&method=exact

匿名 說...

Got a "Sliding Doors" feel ... any decision you made may change your life completely.

更加相信前世今生, 妳的上一秒, 就是妳的前一世, 下一秒, 就是妳的下一世. 過去的,我們沒法改變. 但未來住往掌握在我們一念之間.

DTLCT 說...

Talking about that, I need to go watch the beginning 'cause I just caught it at the end randomly when I walked by and saw my mom watching TV.

CW 說...

Well it's obvious if Hugh Grant did not have that notorious change of heart, the story would've ended differently, probably with Julia Roberts flying back and moving on with her life while Hugh Grant lives depressively in his tiny town with his idiotic and freaky best friend, regretting what he has done and imagining what might have been.

From personal experience, I can say that this kind of dramatic and romantic endings don't happen in real life.

匿名 說...

It doesn't happen in real life because Male, in general, makes stupid mistakes and refuses to take a step away from their usual comfort zone.

2005mhk18@gmail.com 說...

too bad then!
but men that i admire do not have this tendency. e.g. mr. lai in my next post.
taking challenges, solving problems; that's how he got his way out from an illegal immigrant to where he is now.

匿名 說...

lines from Notting Hill.

One of my favorite movies and the lines you've quote is from my favorite scene.

Johnny Thunder 說...

I love this movie. These scenes are trully classic!

Thanks for refreshing my memory.